Schools are out–but that doesn’t mean that learning won’t resume until the fall. Here are 5 ways to stay curious and inspired this summer!
1. Make a Telescope: Making a telescope is a great way to learn about the different kinds of lenses and astronomy. Take a closer look at what’s going on in the distance.
2. Demonstrate Capillary Action: Use food colouring to see how plants get the water and nutrients they need in this cool and beautiful process.
3. Map the Past: Examine maps to learn about the history of your town. Make a map that shows how the place changed over time.
4. Make a Still Life Painting: Still life paintings are the best way to improve your knowledge of light and shadows in painting. Start with simple geometrical objects and work your way up to more complicated things.
5. Construct a Pocket Amplifier: By making a pocket amp you can learn how to solder, how to create a working circuit and how speakers work. In the end, you’ll get a super cool gadget to carry around.
Learn something awesome this summer!